As a creative, business owner, or dreamer it’s really easy to shut an idea or dream down. “I can’t because…….” I want that to change to “How can I? Here’s a few ways.”
We spend a lot of time talking about why something can’t happen but by starting there we never look into information we may not know yet, perspectives of those that have or are doing it, or even give ourselves permission to pursue it. Let’s have a discussion about a simple flip about how we assess how something can or can’t happen and why instead of saying it can’t happen and giving up. This can force you to find a way when you didn’t know there was one.
In This Episode We Cover
- How can I? Instead of I can’t because……
- How are you going to face something?
- Creating and stopping action
- You may still not know if it can happen after you deep dive
- You know that you don’t know
- Being scared of the answer
- Redirect to the right path
- Always trying to take an action of some sort
- Go figure out how you can do something before you say you can’t
“ It immediately stops the conversation or stops the thought before you can do something about it at all.” - Host Dave Swillum
“ When you start there you don’t know how it’s going to happen and you don’t know if its possible.” - Host Dave Swillum
Waking Up From Work Podcast Links
Merch To Support Us!
Patreon (If you want to support the show check out our sweet offers for you)
Facebook Community to connect to creatives
For audio advice and more in depth music content from Dave
Dave’s Indie Rock Band Broadwing